Sunday 12 January 2014

The big cheese day - My first cheese


I used the Christmas holiday to read about cheese making and now I think I'm ready to start.
Make mistakes, learn from them , improve, enjoy and have fun...
New projects and new challenges that entails that I can learn something new every day, that’s my goal.

I bought one of this book that I mentioned in the last blog , Ostagerð / Cheesmaking, great book.
If I get permission to publish the recipe about the Icelandic Skyr from that book, I will post it here.

But talk about the main thing !!
I made my first cheese , Gouda , yesterday .
Name of this cheese is Gouda 2014.01
Took much longer time than I expected.
I have been so nervous to begin, take the first steps but also very excited.
 

Everything seemed to succeed yesterday.
All the equipment was sterilized and the temperature of the milk was very accurate.

For this cheese I used 7 liters / 1.84 gallon and got 975 gr. / 2 lb.


Before the final press for 6 ½ hours.


0 comments :

Post a Comment