Tuesday 14 January 2014

Little bit about my self

I study at the Agricultural University of Iceland so I make cheeses as a side project. 
Graduate in May 2014 and plan to continue and learn more about fruit trees cultivate next summer in Denmark, Norway or Germany.  
After one year or so it's more than possible that I go somewhere to learn about cheese making, England mabe, where should I go ?I have to prepare because I have 10-15 years plan. Buy a farm in Iceland, grow fruits, berries and vegetables, have lots of animals and making cheese, jam, juice and much more for sale. Home made. 
I find it amazing to be out in nature, traveling with a tent, take photographs and enjoy life with my family.
 

Iceland and cheese making  
I live on a little island, an island in the North Atlantic, which is 103,000 km ² and has a population of approximately 322 thousand peoples.
 

There is not big culture for fruit and berry cultures and certainly not cheese. 
Cheese making was practiced in farms about 100 years ago but now we begin growing fruit trees in gardens and people are willing to learn the lost knowledge of cheese making.
I need to order everything from other countries to make cheeses, just because I cant buy it here....




Check out this pages about Iceland and Icelandic skyr.  
About Iceland 
Inspired by Iceland 
Icelandic Skyr

0 comments :

Post a Comment